Thursday, November 14, 2013

P.S. I Forgot All About Rocksmith for PC. . .

I totally forgot - until today when I read through some of my older posts - that I bought Rocksmith for PC earlier this year!

I tried it out on one of our laptop computers but Steam seemed to slow everything down and even on my wife's somewhat nicer, newer laptop Rocksmith didn't seem to work very well. Lots of lag. Worse than anything I ever experienced on XBox 360.

So, that's probably an abandoned effort. I uninstalled Steam and Rocksmith from both laptops and I'm not sure I'd be able to reinstall them now if I wanted to. Which I probably won't. I know I promised you a review of the PC version, but there just doesn't seem to be any point.

Supposedly 2014 eliminated lag from the console versions so I figured maybe the 2014 PC version was improved, too. But, I read 11 reviews of the PC version on Amazon and nothing I read there inspires me to spend another $80 on the new 2014 PC/Mac version. Every single reviewer said that the PC/Mac versions of Rocksmith are horrible - pretty much my impression of the original PC version. Mainly it's installation issues that people are complaining about, but if you can't install it you can't really play it. . . People still seem to have issues with Steam, too: lots of pop-up ads, slows down the computer, etc. As far as I can tell, you should avoid all of the computer versions of Rocksmith - new, old, Mac or PC. They all seem to suck.

I'll just stick with my XBox version and write the $49 I spent on the old PC version off to experience.

I just hope Microsoft doesn't completely screw up the XBox console or stop supporting the XBox 360. I have not tried the new XBox One and I have no plans to check it out. Basically it sounds like an XBox 360 with a built-in Kinect. Since I have a Kinect, I don't see any advantage in spending another $300 or whatever for a new console.

No comments:

Post a Comment